At The Oxley Group (Oxley Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd, ABN 84 234 892 156, Oxley Workers Compensation Solutions Pty Ltd, ABN 14 114 972 422 and Oxley Life Solutions Pty Ltd, ABN 14 108 128 721) we are committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
What is Personal Information?
The Privacy Act defines personal information to mean:
“Information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not.”
What is Sensitive Information?
“Sensitive information” is a subset of personal information and means:
“Information or opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political organisation, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, health information about an individual, genetic information, biometric information or templates.”
What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information we collect and hold vary depending on the services we are providing, but generally can include:
- Your contact information such as full name (first and last), e-mail address, current postal address, delivery address (if different to postal address) and phone numbers;
- Details relating to your employment (if applicable) or your previous employment;
- Your date of birth;
- Insurance history;
- Other information specific to our products or services such as your opinions, statements and endorsements collected personally or via surveys and questionnaires, including but not limited to your views on the products and services offered by The Oxley Group;
- If you are requesting products or services from us, we will collect any relevant payment or billing information, including but not limited to bank account details, direct debit details, credit card details, billing address, premium funding and instalment information; and
- When you ask us to provide financial planning services, including superannuation and/or investment, we collect information about your financial circumstances to enable us to advise you. If we assist you to implement your financial plan, we pass this information on to the financial services companies.
The type of sensitive information we may collect generally includes:
- Criminal record;
- Health information; and
- Membership of a professional or trade association.
How do we collect and hold personal information?